Iran News Round Up October 18, 2012
(E) = Article in English
- Mohsen Jalalpour, Iran Chamber of Commerce deputy, discusses the currency crisis:
- The Central Bank releases its prioritized list of goods the import of which will be supported by foreign currency at state subsidized rates:
1. Basic foodstuff and goods needed for food production
2. Medicine and emergency medical equipment
3. Agricultural and industrial basic equipments
4. Chemicals and automobile parts
5. Industrial spare parts
6. Industrial components
7. Production units machinery
8. Automobiles (energy cost-effective)
9. Automobiles, necessary household goods, mobile phones, and computers
10. Unneccessary goods such as non-basic household goods, toys, luxury goods and the like.
- India's Oil Minister says his country will continue its oil imports from the Islamic Republic.
Photos of the Day