Iran News Round Up October 26, 2012
(E) = Article in English
- Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei's official website:
- "No one can disobey the decree of the Leader using the pretext that the decree is or may be a mistake... All the people, including the elites and experts, must obey the orders of the Leader... Everyone is allowed to criticize the law or decrees of the Leader, but criticism is one thing and disobedience another, just as there is a difference between being critical and actively looking for excuses..."
- Sources of emulation slam Ahmadinejad's public row with Judiciary Chief Ayatollah Sadeq Larijani, and stress that the president should pay more attention to solving the economic problems of the public.
Military and Security
- Two police officers were assassinated in Sarbaz in Sistan va Balouchestan province.
- Tehran temporary Friday prayer leader Ayatollah Emami Kashani leads the prayer of Fest of the Sacrifice at Tehran University:
- "The authorities and those involved [in the affairs of the state] should use the blessings of this country and plan accordingly. With all this wealth, the good and creative youth and the awakened, self-sacrificing nation [the Islamic Republic] can stand on its feet despite the sanctions. The enemy should not think that they can shake the country by sanctions... We, regardless of our positions, are all obliged to solve this problem for the sake of God and use all the opportunities in doing so..."
- Minister of Industry and Mines, Mehdi Ghazanfari, accuses "profiteers" of pushing the prices up and manipulating currency.
- The authorities confiscate large quantities of gasoline as the smugglers were trying to smuggle it into Pakistan.
Photos of the Day